Sunday, December 16, 2012

Tacky Christmas

On November 30 I had my second annual Tacky Christmas party and let me tell you it was a blast.  This year I decided to have a chili bar, which consisted of "Top a Potato, "Build Some Nachos", "Make Chili Cheese Fries" and "Frito Pie"  It really turned out well and everyone really loved the chili cheese fries. 

I made food tags with ornaments as holders.






After we ate, it was time for fun and games.  I found several minute to win it games that brought out the competitiveness of all my guests!

Game 1: Christmas Tree Unicorn

The object of the game is to stack 7 cakes on your forehead.  They must stay there for 3 seconds.  (We keep the trees in the packages, because they are too good to waste!!!) 
Game Two: Tear it Up
Shooting rubber bands at toilet paper attached to an empty soda can.  First team to break the toilet paper wins.
The boys competed in this event and it got pretty intense! 


Game 3: was for the ladies:Junk in the Trunk
Attach an empty rectangle tissue box around the waist and fill it with 8 ping pong balls or golf practice balls (since I'm a golfer that's what I had on hand).  Contestant must shake their rump to get all the balls out in 60 seconds.  
Game 4: Christmas Cliffhange
Blow standing Christmas cards across a table and get one to hang over the edge.

Alex got three cards at once!
Game  5: A Bit Dicey
Contestant must balance 6 die on the popsicle stick held in their mouth.  Stack must stay for 3 seconds.
In the end it was a great night of food, friends and fun.  I'm already planning next years party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment